[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Several serious attacks on IoT devices over the last couple of months have made it clear that the Internet of Things is not safe by default and needs to be secured. But how do you find and fix flaws in IoT devices? In this (German) podcast, Rainer Richter, Director Channels at SEC Technologies GmbH, provides some answers.
The number of IoT devices is increasing day by day. According to Gartner, 25 billion IoT devices are expected to be connected to the Internet of Things by 2021. Several prominent examples of IoT attacks have led to growing concerns by consumers about (the lack of) security measures for IoT devices. Consequences of such attacks can be serious. Even the EU cybersecurity agency ENISA states: “The Internet of Things will affect every aspect of our lives and we have to be prepared”.
Rainer Richter, and the team of IoT Inspector, have a lot of experience in IoT security. In an interview with Oliver Schonschek, news analyst at Insider Research, Rainer Richter explains how to better protect the IoT, and addresses the following questions:
- Why is the IoT such a big security challenge?
- Where does the IoT have the most vulnerabilities?
- What exactly is the IoT Inspector? How does the IoT Inspector help to secure the IoT?
- How did the IoT Inspector come about?
- Who is using the IoT Inspector?
- How can a provider of IoT solutions make their products safer with the IoT Inspector?
- How does the IoT Inspector help an IoT user?
The new podcast is available on Soundcloud (in German). Enjoy!